Mpls. Schools Name New Chief Information Officer | Schools
Minneapolis Public Schools have named David Mayor as chief information officer for the district. Mayor will begin the job in Jan. 2012.
The chief information officer will be in charge of technology development to support school operations and student instruction.
“I am eager to lead Minneapolis Public Schools’ efforts to leverage technology to enhance learning and address the digital divide so that our students gain the skills necessary to excel in a global community. I look forward to guiding our innovative work and bringing best practices into the 21st century classroom," said Mayor.
According to Minneapolis schools, Mayor comes to Minnesota from the city of Rochester, New York where he was employed as chief information officer for the city and led efforts in areas such as strategic and tactical IT planning, website development and technical infrastructure.
Top Camden Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Body Found in Trunk at Minneapolis Impound Lot
- Life Sentence for Brooklyn Park Day Care Triple Murder
- Missouri Man Convicted in Brooklyn Park Day Care Triple Murder
- Bartender Charged for Selling Liquor to Man Who Drowned in Maple Grove
- RAW VIDEO: Lawyers Discuss Verdict in Brooklyn Park Day Care Murder Trial